Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Broke.

That's right people, I folded like a pair of laundered panties (I know you hate that word Kalz :))! I did it, I talked mad game about cutting my hair and I finally found the courage to go to a salon and basically hand my hair over to a stranger and say "go"

And it feels FABULOUS! I ripped the band aid off and wondered where the hurt was? What was my deal and OH MY GOD LOOK AT HOW IT MOVES! Happy distractions of swinging hair, yippeee!

OK story time.
After my morning java fix with Kallay via IMing I decided that I must get motivated for the day and finally cross some things off my list; things I have been procrastinating on like said haircut or replacing that faucet that broke while my mom visited (uhhh) almost two months ago. So I drove over to El Paseo Marketplace (yea that is the name of it, no typo there--that is how uncreative it is here) where the Super Target is (I also had to print some photos for my Christmas cards--see I WAS motivated!) and Ulta is. For those of you who don't know what an Ulta is--it is like a beauty mecca---that's right complete with salon. So when I was asked what service I wanted (har har besides the obvious ;) ) I told them a conditioning and a cut..

Guess what? Today was my lucky day. They had this superfreakingawesome deal that if you got their "Signature" something or a rather (which is what I wanted) you got FREE color...That's right people...momma got her hair cut and colored today...:) AND I got awesome Redkin freebies too! James ended up taking this (add eye roll here) LLLLLLOOOVVVEEELLLYYY photo...after he took a few of my hiney and proceeded to make a song up about it...

I really only cut about an inch off but as every girl will tell you...and inch makes a world of a difference! The way it hangs, how you run your hands across it...ok ok I will get my mind out of the gutter now.


Oh and on a side note: I did FINALLY get a dress for the Saint Barbara's Day Ball that is next saturday. It only took me three hours, too many stores to count, but I found my dress! And did I mention it was on clearance (originally 100 buckaroos--down to 38!) And here is the best part--it is a 4P! That is right, I squeezed myself into a 4P!


2 comments:

Kallay said...

i'm clearly not focused on the topic at hand because i can think about is how lucky you are to be able to fit clothes in your closet. i see WALL in there. and space between clothes. that must be magical. my clothes are stuffed into my closet like mexicans on an air raft. (had to use an anology that would mean something to you) anyway, love the dress, love the hair, jealous of your closet!

btw, i'm going to start signing my blogs with the weird captcha thing. sometimes they are interesting. today it's just...

vulin

On the Look Out said...

Wow...go girl go. I can't say anything, I've decided to cut my hair as well. I won't get the freakin' deal you got but what the hell, I'm going to do it anyway.

And I would agree with kallay...why do you have the much space in your closet? Hello...I use TWO closets now!!! Somebody needs a shopping trip.

Amber