Monday, December 1, 2008

She's going to live!

I am recovered from the stomach flu in which I thought I was going to die and it put a huge damper on my Thanksgiving. Anyways, since I missed a whole week of blogging I thought I would catch ya'll up.



We went on to Ruidoso, NM two weeks ago for the weekend along with our friends Rusty and Ava to learn about ourselves and our partners..yep. We went on a marriage retreat. And before you ask, no there was no hand holding, singing Koombyya. No we didnt join a cult or anything else, despite my original fears. We had a few group meetings where we watch videos. One guy did almost break down in tears, muttering something about "going in himself"--after being asked what kind of strange things have happened to you--Whatever that means!

During smoke breaks though, that is where it got interesting....and by interesting I mean weird as hell. It first started with just Jake and Rusty outside...IT decided to approach them and tell them that since it was cold it meant to wear 40 pounds of leather. He was a strange man who claimed he "knows everyone" so I am sure you "know" who I am talking about...lol. Anyways, so with strange man and his pregnant wife in tow--we had to shake them off a lot. We all wanted to yell at them to go hang out with the sobbing man...but we refrained. Every night we ended with a few beers in either our room or Rusty and Ava's. I am not sure but I think it was to forget all the strangeness that was going on around us.
One of the babysitters that they had on the property wanted to keep James. But she never offered up any money so we still have him.
We went to a gun show...was there all of 15 minutes. I roped everyone into going into the Quilt Store they have in town, and we walked around the downtown area. Very cute, Jake says it reminds him of Aspen. I don't think so but it was still cute just the same.
Driving back Sunday afternoon we stopped at had our picture taken with a huge pistachio statue.. at my insistance. :) I still need to get those pictures from Ava.
All in all it was a good getaway. We managed to see trees...and grass that always makes the Allen's happy. I am hoping we will go back to Ruidoso after the holidays

No comments: