Monday, November 3, 2008

$12.80!

So as many of you know I had a monster-huge weekend ahead of me with Halloween and the Bazaar. Throw in a crazed cat and now you can see why I am still suffering from a huge migraine.
Friday, Halloween, the one day of the year adults can act like oversized kids...and I am packing, hauling, building, moving, caravanning, setting up shop for four hours. Yea I know, woo woo four hours...but when you are the youngest person out of 12 or so people...mostly everyone is 40 or WWWWAAAAYYY over, guess who ends up doing the manual labor? Moi. C'est la vie! After doing all that, I had to haul ass to pick up James, who I almost forgot in all that commotion. Don't judge me I got there on time! Rush to pick up Shane. And by the time we got back to the casa (like that ya'll? I have lived in El Paso too long) Todd was there to get Shane, whew. Now it is time for James to go trick or treating...seriously no breaks no relaxation time....just go ....build....drive...drive some more....trick or treat...Seriously my body was saying "Cease for Christ's sake" (my body is just as crude as my mind what can I say!) So I opt out of trick or treating...Jake takes monster-man (dressed as Superman) out while I fold laundry and watch Tommyknockers in the dark. James was out for an hour, apparently he was just as tired and wanted to come home so...we vegged out for the rest of the night
Saturday I have to be at the Bazaar before 9 a.m. Boo hiss...alarms on Saturday blow! So after drinking 1 singular cup of coffee and making another for the road I head for the Bazaar. Dude, I was so ready I even did my hair and make up (yup me, Kerry, was wearing make-up- a rarity) I was so stoked (tired but excited) My shift was from 9-1, no biggie. But when we saw that there were only three people signed up for second shift I thought "fuck", one of which was had another booth at the Bazaar so she was preoccupied...and another one bailing out because she decided that since she didn't have any of her stuff at the booth she didn't want to volunteer. That left one person, Noelle, to man the battlestation....with a new POS system...yea that wasn't going to fly. So "the French woman" Suzanne (whom I love) and I said we would stay. But Suzanne can't drive at night so I convince her to go home at 3. So it is the three amigas (all varying ages between 19-65-ish) laughing, talking, and whatnot... even manage to cry?!
Poor Suzanne's husband died this summer, they were married for 43 years (I think) and with the holidays and her children being grown with families of their own she feels lonely. She held me and cried, making me promise to love with all my heart. This in turn makes me cry....and then Noelle...so here we are, supposed to be in a "business environment" all holding one another crying. Not pretty. But we were able to laugh it off. Noelle, and I stay and close...and don't leave until 5:30...
Pit Stop. Beer Stop. Grab a six pack on the way home. The perfect end of a long day for me is now defined by Widmer beer (yum-o), a couple of episodes of Dexter, Jammies, and a cuddly blanket on the couch. That is pure heaven. I am a simple girl what can I say.
Sunday, at this point I am tired, sore, and just D-O-N-E, I have to go check on psycho-kittie, where I discover that she has torn the bag of treats in the middle and eaten every last treat in the bag. OH, and NOOOOOW she is lovable (wtf!) Head to the Bazaar ("how Bizarre") and start tearing down.. from 4:30 to 6:30...and come to find out that I made...



$12.80 the whole weekend. FUCK.

3 comments:

Kallay said...

*sigh* your weekend sounds like it was a shit storm! i had to giggle when you said you were all holding each other and crying... perhaps that's the reason for the $12??? lol maybe people thought y'all were nuts? :D hee hee....

sarah said...

aww man and i thought i had a stressful weekend!! i'm sure that 6-pack helped, though huh?? ;)

iTeresa said...

Holy Hell that sucks! Sounds kind of like the weekend Kal & I had, but without making any money, LMAO.